Friday, December 18, 2009

FAKE ID




it is my first video using glitch technic into my piece. made by 2010, it's been a long,  though, I'd like to pointed out how and why I started into glitch.





The Scale is Everything


The Scale is Everything is an installation that examines eating disorders, dissatisfaction, perfection and anonymity in the internet culture.
The video piece is made by collecting found text and serial numbers (height and weight) related to the published history of eating disorders. These statistics, and other private information, is made public by individuals on web sites dedicated to pro-analoxia. These web sites are designed to promote anorexia as a healthy lifestyle instead of a destructive sickness. From the recovered information I make video collages, using analog errors, artifacts and other “bugs” by either corrupting digital code/data, or by physically manipulating electronic
devices.
.